Friday 28 March 2014

New wheels

With the Mavic Ksyrium Elite broken after a bit more than 2 years it was time to decide for new wheels. It was really disappointing to see that the 500+ € Mavic wheels are not durable at all. Even on Belgian roads this
should not happen. Bad Mavic quality and what a waste of money for those expensive wheels.

So no more Mavic wheels for me. And with the absence of mountains in Belgium, lightweight is also not the most important issue. I decided to look for aerodynamic high profile carbon wheels. I did not want to spend 1000€ or more on wheels for the terrible Belgian roads. Luckily I found Planet X wheels from the UK: 500€ including shipment. Great deal I guess. And in addition they weigh even less than what the producer claims: 1750g. So more or less the same than the Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels but for half the price. In you face Mavic!
It's mainly because of the looks and sound of the high profile carbon wheels that I bought them. A normal pair of wheels from DT Swiss or Easton would have been cheaper and lighter. But cycling is a lot about style!

So far I only did 150k (Ename Classic) on them. It felt and sounded great. However, I doubt they make me much faster. But they look great:

No comments:

Post a Comment