Monday 23 June 2014

Lazy Sunday

Despite the great weather this Sunday I could not motivate myself to go for another 4 hours ride. Lazy me. 2 hours something should be enough. I decided to go direction Pajottenland, but not directly there, rather a bit to the north. However, the area around Ternat and Asse is similarly good for road biking than the Pajottenland. Good roads, little traffic and some hills.
I bascially followed the "Fietsnet" Knoppunten around that area (62-53-54-92-1-2-3-9-12-4). The way out is a bit long, but the Itterbeeksebaan as of Dilbeek is ok to easily get out into the green. The streets are really narrow country roads but most of them paved well. There is some up and down and especially between Sint-Ulriks-Kapelle and Asse the road climbs a bit:
Vrijthout hill: http://bit.ly/1jINOed
Shortly before Asse, there is one short, steep cobblestone hill, a bit like in the Ronde. Terrible cobblestones, but luckily not 20% like on the Muur or Koppenberg. And a bit further down the road, just after Asse, I found this red paved road, climbing through an apple tree garden. Bizarre.

The way back via the Koekelberg Basilica and Molenbeek/Yser area is definitely not the best. I normally try to avoid it and I knew immediatly why. Most stupid littered bikepath, idiotic car drivers and the area at Rogier which seems to be a construction site since at least 10 years (and probably also for the next 10 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment